Examples of need helped by The Matthew Trust.
Providing access to advocacy and counselling on everday matters
- Helping with the payment of counselling or medical bills
- Providing household equipment.
- Providing equipment to ensure the security of a room or home.
- Providing personal clothing items.
- Helping with second chance learning and skills training.
- Taking up housing issues with the local authorities.
- Working with the probation service to transfer to a mental secure unit or hospital those with mental disorders who are in prison.
- Liasing with tribunals to help victims of aggression and domestic violence.
- Helping towards travel costs for prison visits by close family members.
- Helping with respite breaks.
- Helping with debt support ins pecial circumstances.